So while Portland was buried under a foot of snow:
I spent a lot of time reading in front of this:
which was absolutely delightful! I finished quite a few books including:
- I’ve Got Your Number: A Novel by Sophie Kinsella
- In the Image: A Novel by Dara Horn
- I Couldn’t Love You More by Jillian Medoff
- Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
- Someone Else’s Love Story: A Novel by Joshilyn Jackson
- Better You Go Home by Scott Driscoll
- Up at Butternut Lake: A Novel (The Butternut Lake Trilogy) by Mary McNear
- Tampa by Alissa Nutting
- Blogger Girl by Meredith Schorr
A lot of books but it was six days snowed in! I also made what I think may be the best chocolate chip cookies EVER. In fact, I enjoyed them so much I made them two weekends in a row.
I got the recipe from Shelterrific. You can find the recipe there. I made a few tweaks.
The second time I didn’t have enough chocolate chips so I took semi-sweet bakers chocolate and crushed it down with a can to make chunks and that worked out great. I also prefer a softer, somewhat undercooked cookie so instead of 12 minutes of baking, I did 10, flipping the pan half-way through.
I definitely think I found my new go to cookie recipe and I would recommend it!
do you have a go to cookie recipe? What is it? Share in the comments!